What a lift – great hope and freedom – awaits us at the dawning of a brand new year. In my mind, it’s like a fresh new morning.
How was it for you throughout 2011? Great year? Or was it one you’d just as soon forget (forever)?
Doesn’t much matter now, as 12:00 a.m. January 1, 2012 is knocking on our front doors. I mean, what’s done is done. Unless, of course, you want to rest upon your laurels – or perpetuate more misery.
I’ve never been into New Year’s resolutions. However, I’ve always been big on reflecting upon the year past, and making adjustments in kind in the coming year.
Those of you who subscribe to the chipur newsletter got a taste of what I’m about to offer this past Tuesday. I believe it’s important enough to share it once more here on the blog.
As you anticipate – and begin – 2012, I encourage you to consider the following…
- What noteworthy unfinished business from 2011 can you complete (and what needs to be left behind)?
- How will things look on December 31, 2012 if you at least duplicate the progress you made in 2011? Conversely, how will things look if you continue a downturn (even sustenance) in progress? How can you use the answers to motivate and inspire?
- What do you need to do to ensure you accomplish even a handful of positives? In general terms, what might these positives be?
- Who do you want to become?
- What person (people) do you want to get closer to?
- What has to happen to lead you to say “Nice job!” at 11:59 p.m. December 31, 2012?
chipur readers: As lousy as things may have gone this past year, there’s always hope for a fresh new morning.
If you have difficulty believing that, please take it on blind faith, okay? Seriously, millions of folks have dug themselves out of the most hopeless, deepest, and most desperate of holes.
If you want to believe you can’t, at least be willing and able to provide yourself with the objective proof!
I’m wishing each and every one of you the very finest of happenings in 2012. And thank you so much for your 2011 readership and participation…
image courtesy wallpapersland.net
More chipur Feelin’ Better articles? Right here.