The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) now requires bloggers to do a bit of self-disclosure. chipur welcomes the mandate. And that’s because chipur is proud of its principles and practices with regard to ethics.
Some time ago, I signed the pledge on blogwithintegrity.com. With that, here’s my commitment to you…
- By displaying the Blog with Integrity badge or signing the pledge, I assert that the trust of my readers and the blogging community is important to me.
- I treat others respectfully, attacking ideas and not people. I also welcome respectful disagreement with my own ideas.
- I believe in intellectual property rights, providing links, citing sources, and crediting inspiration where appropriate.
- I disclose my material relationships, policies and business practices. My readers will know the difference between editorial, advertorial, and advertising, should I choose to have it. If I do sponsored or paid posts, they are clearly marked.
- When collaborating with marketers and PR professionals, I handle myself professionally and abide by basic journalistic standards.
- I always present my honest opinions to the best of my ability.
- I own my words. Even if I occasionally have to eat them.
chipur is owned and operated by Hope and Healing Dynamics (HHD). And HHD was created, and is owned and operated, by me – Bill White. HHD is a small organization dedicated to helping folks establish their freedom from emotional and mental health disorders.
chipur generates revenue by the sale of products and services, the occasional ad or sponsored link (never at the expense of my beliefs and principles), and commissions on sales generated by The Amazon Store – which I don’t always promote. That’s it.
I’m pleased the FTC is requiring blogger accountability – and even more pleased it’s just business as usual for chipur. I have nothing if I don’t have your confidence and trust. Having survived decades of emotional and mental distress, I deeply know how much that means.
You can be sure I’ll always maintain the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
As always, thank you for visiting chipur…