Okay, I don’t do New Year’s resolutions. But that doesn’t mean I have nothing to say going into a new year. I mean, I’m not often at a loss for words. So as the corks fly, here are 10 things to think about for 2022…
Find the meaning of your life. Let it be your compass and inspiration.
However, that doesn’t mean I don’t ponder the coming year – my place in it, how I’ll approach it, mindsets.
10 things to think about for 2022
In presenting these thought gems, I’m actually sharing much of what’s often floated about in my mind. I guess you could say they’re reminders, which have served me well over the years.
As much as it makes me feel good to share, it isn’t about me. I’m doing it for you. See, I figure we’re in the same boat. After all, we’re mood and anxiety disorder managers, aren’t we? So, I’m thinking if the following are fits for me, they’ll likely suit you as well.
Let’s do it…
- No matter how sad, anxious, lost, or helpless you feel, there are no hopeless sets of circumstances.
- Okay, my brain’s wired differently. But that doesn’t equate to anatomical or physiological disaster.
- Catch a chuckle – laugh – or two as often as possible. And make yourself the subject on occasion.
- Don’t be fooled by distorted thoughts and their accompanying misguided feelings and behavior.
- Don’t long to be the way you used to be. The opportunity is you – now – not then.
- Accept your emotional and mental circumstances, the unavoidable suffering, and your recovery potential.
- Be okay with never being symptom-free. Instead of striving for cessation, learn to manage before and after the fact.
- Find the meaning of your life. Let it be your compass and inspiration.
- Keep moving forward, even if it’s an inch at a time.
- Hope and inches at a time forward motion may not seem like much to go on; however, at times they may be all you have. Make them count.
Let the corks fly
I may not do New Year’s resolutions. But you can bet I think a lot going into a new year – and have plenty to say about it. I’m happy to share with you as we transition into 2022.
Wishing you a quiet mind and body.
Let the corks fly…
Plenty of meaningful reading material can always be found right here on Chipur. You bet, peruse the hundreds of titles.